
artisan bread in five minutes a day
Breakfast:
Cowboy Eggs and Turkey Sausage
Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Toast and Eggs
Whipped Banana Oatmeal with a spoonful of Almond Butter (KERF style)
Lunch:
Homemade Lunchables
Leftover Soups (white chili, tomato, creamy potato)
Mini Pizzas
Dinner:
Cashew Fried Rice, Stir Fry Veggies, Clementines (yes, this is my crutch meal - that is what happens when you buy 25# of basmatti on clearance I guess!)
Swiss Quiche, Apple Cashew Salad, Grapes
Zuppa Tuscana Soup, Crusty Bread, Salad
Humus and Veggie Wasa, Banana and Almond Butter Sandwiches, Kettle Chips, Fruit (water park for Cam's birthday)
date night
family night
Smoked Salmon Pasta, Green Beans, Crusty Bread, Caesar Salad, Cheesecake w/ Berries
Chipotle Bean Burritos, Chips and Salsa, Pineapple
7 comments:
looks delish!
Hi! We've never met, but my name is Gracie and I'm Stephen Madgwick's wife. We've been enjoying your blog over the last weeks!`
I've looked at the "Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day" program before, but haven't purchased it. It looks like you have it. I was wondering if it was something you'd recommend? Did you buy just the recipe book... or something else?
Thanks!
Sounds like somebody has some leftover peanut butter substitute from a certain nephew's visit... :)
Hi Gracie!
I don't have the book, but I'd love to pick it up sometime.
On a homeschooling forum I am on they posted the recipe and a video. (although poor quality) It is super easy, and we love having fresh crusty bread this time of year. Perfect for soups!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJZPm-_2-M
Recipe:
1 1/2 Tablespoons Yeast
1 1/2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
6 1/2 Cups UNBLEACHED All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Warm Water
A little Cornmeal (not added to the mix -- used when you take some dough out and form it.)
Mix everything in a large container -- you mix it in the same container you are going to store it in so you don't have a dish to wash! (The next time you make the mix, don't wash the old bits out, it will help with the sourdough taste. They say to never wash the container.) Anyway, you stir it together just until there's no dry parts. Don't over-stir.
Then you lightly cover it (do not close it up tight) and let it rise out on your kitchen counter for 2 hours. After two hours, put it in the refrigerator. It can keep for up to 12 days in the refrigerator.
When you want to make some bread, take a little out (see the video on how to do this) and form it (see video) and put the cornmeal on the plate and let it rise for 20 - 40 minutes. Then cut the top a little (see video) and put in oven. You should be able to make four small loaves from the mix.
450 degrees for 30 minutes. Preheat a pizza stone. You want it as hot as possible before you put the dough on it. I also had another pan in the bottom of the oven and added water to it right when I put the dough in. (You want some steam in there to make the crust hard and crunchy.)
I've changed it a little - b/c I seem to get better results. I'm using 4c water, and I don't do the steam pan in the oven. With the steam pan, I couldn't tell any difference, so I stopped doing it. :)
Let me know if you have any questions!
Oh, and another thing - when I set the dough out to rise, I put it on parchment paper. Then when I go to bake it, I just set that on the hot stone. I'm all about easy. ;)
Haha Alex! Actually, he can't have any nut butter substitutes, b/c they are often processed in the same plants as peanuts. But I will say, I've made a few PB things this week! (chocolate cake with pb frosting...yum!) Really, I just hit a good sale on the AB, and I've been reading this blog where she puts a big spoonful of it in oatmeal.
Hyvee had almond milk on sale too this week. I thought of ya when I picked up a carton. :)
Apparently, they now sell Almond Dream too?
Hi Shawna,
I just saw the info you posted! Thanks a bunch! I want to give this a try! I'll have to do a post about it... at least if it turns out! :-)
Gracie
Post a Comment