Wednesday, October 29, 2008

They are back ladies!

Who wants to be the first to promise they won't succumb to fashion peer pressure? :)

You know the rule....if you have worn them once, you aren't allowed a second "tour", just a friendly reminder! HAHA!

So what will it be? Will you wear/rewear them? Will you swear them off, only to cave later ? Will you wear velour or twill? Let's hear it!

And I know those are links to children's place, but it is only a matter of time!

18 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh my! I remember wearing stir up pants-all I can say is Oh my....

Brooke said...

I thought stirrup pants were bad enough by themselves. I had no idea they made velour ones! YIKES!

You have my solemn pledge that I will never wear those 2 things! :o)

Reagan said...

I can promise you I won't be wearing those. They wouldn't fit in with my pledge to wear flip flops all year round...

MagenRanae said...

Oh my indeed! I have nightmares about stirrup pants and knee high purple suede boots, which I'd not like to relive - thank you!

jenica said...

Even more than the ugliness of them, I'm now mature enough to KNOW that my body will never look even close to decent in stir up pants. So there will never be temptation.

Anne said...

I had a great pair that were black and white checked from Gap with black boots...... extremely big hair and ohhhh never going there again but I am kinda tempted by the leg warmers..... :)

But no tight rolling jeans..... can anyone say 90's.....

Rachel said...

You know what? I think those are exactly what I need for those boots I just bought!!!!! :) come on, ladies, we're not that old yet!

I'm not sure if I'm serious or kidding, but I know enough never to say never! he, he!

Shawna said...

never say never is a good motto.

I thought the very same thing when I saw them....they are the solution for the boot dilemma. I was talking with April about it last night, and she confirmed it, it is either leggings or skinny jeans. The latter of which I have previously sworn off!

Reagan said...

I could see someone wearing them with boots and a knit sweater dress...but i really can't see myself buying them. Never say never IS a good motto though. :)

Kathy said...

ha ha - can't believe those are back! I will never wear those - and I would be happy to fit into skinny jeans but I'm going to say that the chances of that happening are pretty slim. =)

rallywhit said...

I just want to say, I loved my stirrup pants when I was a kid because they reminded me of riding horses for some reason. Maybe it was the whole stirrup thing. So I do have fondness for them, but for some reason I cannot use that fondness to justify buying some now. They definitely belong in the past!

bandanachick said...

Okay, Rachel...I was thinking the same thing. Those would be perfect to go under all the boots I have! Not that I would buy any at this point, but I am such a follower, that maybe I will eventually have some. :)

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh...never going to happen...if you need something to wear under your boots, buy some tights....please. And there's always leggings without stirrups. No need for the stirrups.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe someone in the fashion world thought it was a good idea to bring those wretched things back. I'm gonna start praying TONIGHT that Emma never has a desire to wear these things! ;)

Thanks for the heads up Shawna! I'll be sure to steer clear of Children's Place!

Christina said...

Who else totally wants to see a picture of Rachel pregnant and in stirrup pants? Certainly I can't be the only one...

Rachel said...

Okay, now THAT is a scary thought! I promise I won't wear them pregnant - promise, promise, promise!

bandanachick said...

Haha Christina! Should I get Rachel some for Christmas! :)

Brooke said...

I can't believe you got 17 comments on this post! That's funny!