But there just hasn't been time! Here are (some of) the random swirlings of my brain that I wish I had the time to post about. Hopefully soon! The grandparents await pictures though - so that takes first priority! :)
- all about our hiking trip (we all lived! haha!)
- that the kitchen floor is done, and 3 of the 4 appliances are installed
- the banana deal from the other night - 100# for $7.50
- how reading the book "The Well Trained Mind" totally changed the way we home school, and the way I look at homeschooling our kids
- what curriculum we are using this year - I absolutely love all of it, and for the first time I feel like we have found a perfect fit for us
- how precious it is to watch my girls dance around praising the Lord that their aunt katie gets to move back home next week. so sweet.
- about our new dog Adrianna, Merikate's 9th birthday present
- and how she has nearly house trained Adi herself! (so thankful for that!)
- that my son is starting (finally!) to choose to walk instead of crawl!
- about our impromptu 10th anniversary get away that out sweet friends gave us.
- how I am in awe that we have been married for 10yrs, how did that happen?
- that I started shopping at Super Walmart again, and liking it?!? this still shocks me.
- how I am going to finally run in a real 5k race in less than 3 wks with friends and family.
- how inadequate I feel right now as a parent with a fit throwing 1yr old.
- the videos and thoughts from my grandma and grandpa chesney's funerals.
- how I daily have to consecrate my will for His in the raising of these kids, instead of crawling back into bed and pulling the covers back over my head.
- how daunting teaching a certain little someone to sit in church seems, even though we have supposedly walked this road before - I am here to tell you, it doesn't make it any easier!
- how my sweet baby girl grabs my face everyday and pleads, "please, teach me to read!"
- about the 4 chicks that are outgrowing their sterelite home in the garage and are regularly escaping.
- how the words to one of my favorite songs have really ministered to me the last 2 months.
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
- what a gift having family in town is! we love it!
- Merikate and Brooklyn's first camp experience
- how we have been reminded what a blessing the family of God is. I am amazed at how we have been lifted up and ministered to this summer, and in turn count it a privilege to attempt the same for those around us.
7 comments:
That list was fun to read...I'm glad homeschooling is going well!
Wow that was a huge list to spew out! Can't wait to read it all and see the pictures :)
Thanks for the update!! You've kind of inspired me to blog again! I hope you have fun catching up. I never know if I should start again, or wait til I have more time (Like that will ever happen!) cause I feel like I'm disappointing my readers if I post for a while, and then go a long time. But, I think it's better to hear from you once in a while then not at all! So, we'll see!
Either way, I'll totally enjoy reading your future posts!
I've missed you in blogland! What a FULL summer you have had and I'm so happy to hear some of the details.
We are praising Him for His hand in your family's lives and for Katie's soon homecoming.
I loved that song you posted! I know I must have heard it before, but never paid attention to the words. It was exactly what I needed today! I just love the humanity of it... So perfectly explains how I feel almost every day! Made me just weep. Thank you for posting it!
hey brooke - its casting crowns, and I LOVE it. I always have. It just now how more significance to me.
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away
Chorus
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
Chorus
Can't wait to read all those posts! I'm certainly intrigued by the topics you've been thinking on! :-) I think of a thousand things to blog about...but, then, I forget them by the time I think about blogging! So, kudos to you for actually being able to list all those ideas out!!
Post a Comment