Those who are anti microwave,
no need to read further! :)

Last night on our shopping trip,
I picked up a package of these.
Actually that is not completely true, I accidentally tried
to buy the Glad brand ones with a Ziploc coupon.
Of course that didn't work, so they sent me to get the
correct product, while they tried to delete the glad product
from my order. This was quite the process, and when it was all
said and done they hadn't rung up the Ziploc ones. I just thought
to myself, oh well. I will try them another time. Then as I was
leaving the checker puts them in my bag and says,
"for your trouble." I tried to say no, but he was pretty adamant
that I take them, so I relented.
no need to read further! :)
Last night on our shopping trip,
I picked up a package of these.
Actually that is not completely true, I accidentally tried
to buy the Glad brand ones with a Ziploc coupon.
Of course that didn't work, so they sent me to get the
correct product, while they tried to delete the glad product
from my order. This was quite the process, and when it was all
said and done they hadn't rung up the Ziploc ones. I just thought
to myself, oh well. I will try them another time. Then as I was
leaving the checker puts them in my bag and says,
"for your trouble." I tried to say no, but he was pretty adamant
that I take them, so I relented.

And I must say I am pretty pleased with them.
I just made our side dish for dinner, and it turned
out SO yummy. All you do is chop up some veggies,
toss in the bag and microwave. I did a couple red potatoes,
a purple onion, and a handful of baby carrots. It says
not to add any water, as the vegetables contain enough of
their own. I did add 1.5 teaspoons of ranch dressing powder.
Am I the only one with a Ranch loving family? Rex told me
the other day after I made him some low-fat ranch dressing,
he thought even dog food would taste good with ranch!

Microwave for 7 minutes. Of course,
in the midst of all the confusion at the store,
(coupon ladies you understand!)
I inadvertently picked up the medium size bags.
Which are made to accommodate 2-3 servings,
so I had to use two bags to feed my family.
but hey! they were free! I won't complain.

Let stand for one minute, then open and serve.
Included were a variety of recipes,
side dishes, desserts and even main dish items.
Anyhow..I was just impressed with this *new* product,
and wanted to share. There are tons of .55 off coupons
out there, and our store had them for $3 a box. I didn't
think that was bad at all, especially for the convenience.
Check out this yummy broccoli recipe,
I can't wait to try it.
8 comments:
Oh yum, that ginger broccoli recipe sounds so good. I always buy those Steamfresh veggies anytime they are 10/$10...similar concept.
Sounds like it's right up my alley!!
Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how well those bags worked and am now excited to try them out for myself!
Thanks for the info, Shawna. I'd never heard of those before. Trying to get baby weight off makes veggies a regular for lunch around here so it will be fun trying out some new recipes!
The pictures aren't working (at least on my computer) :-(
I've seen those, but never tried them. Pics aren't working here either.
i just picked those up yesterday too!(with my coupon and they were on sale for $2) i plan on putting broccoli in there. too bad i dont have ranch seasoning. i think the ranch is a "bloom" thing. i know james and davey like it on EVERYTHING!
Shawna - We LOVE ranch here too! I just posted our new favorite recipe for ranch dressing on our blog if you are interested. Concievably you could whip up a year's worth of it in a few minutes.
Post a Comment