
I was tempted to save this for Frugal Fridays,
but I just can't wait to share this money saving tidbit.
Today I took my first trip alone outside the house with all
four kids. I am here to tell you, it feels like a crowd!
It is really weird how different it is.
First stop was the breastfeeding clinic, where Miles weighed
in at 6#15.5oz. He gained 5.5 oz in 3 days! Wahoo!
This was great news.
At the clinic is where the naughtiness began.
Guess who? Oh wait, you already know! :)
The kind nurses gave the girls all suckers.
(for their good behavior??!!!???)
Second stop was Walgreen's for Mucinex for the horrible cold
Rex gave me before heading back to work. We had to wait in
line for a LONG time at the pharmacy, because you have to
show your ID and sign for said medicine.
The naughtiness continues.
You know the kind, you ask them not to do something
and they immediately do it, and just stare at you.
I whisper promises of correction when we get home.
(since there is no longer room in the van...every seat is full!)
Third stop, (I know! I should have gone home, but I think
I was in some sort of euphoria that my baby gained weight...
I think I must have lost my mind) Asian Market. Find out
that our market does not have carts. :) Nice lady gives the
girls more candy....gives naughty child GUM.
Continued naughtiness....but we are not surprised are we?
I have broken all the good mother rules by this point.
The behavior is getting to be my fault.
I am sure you are wondering....
What on earth does this have to do with eyebrow waxing?
I am getting there! I promise!
We get home and I send Miss Naughty to my bed
(to wait for her correction)
while we carry in brother and all of our stuff.
Ten minutes later I hear her crying,
"my gum is stuck, my gum is stuck"
I come into my room and there is her gum
in her EYEBROW. Through tears she tells
me she was waxing them.
I worked on it and there was no choice but to rip
it out. Boy, did she every holler! She is now sporting
a section missing out of the middle of her brow.
And a lesson learned....if you are out of wax, try chewing gum!
Or maybe the lesson was that waxing really does hurt!
No, no the lesson was to obey and keep your gum in your mouth.
Yeah, that was it!
For the record, I recommend surgi-wax for
eyebrow waxing. Far better results, with
less pain. On the bright side though, maybe
she will stop asking me over and over, "does
that hurt mom?" when I do my eyebrows!
8 comments:
Camryn is such a funny little girl!
So did her waxing end up as her punishment?
punishment for taking her gum out of her mouth? yes. punishment for being naughty while out and about? no. that was addressed separately. :)
that is so funny! not for you i am sure, but hilarious for the rest of us. glad miles is gaining weight and kudos to you for getting the first outing over with.
I think I will stick to having my stylist wax my eyebrows.....
So funny! Goodness, you did good taking them all out!
Saw your sis-in-law at the pool today. =)
Oh Shawna, this one had me rolling. What fun it is to read, but I imagine a little more frustrating in the moment. You are an incredibly brave mother. Thanks for sharing these moments with us, I think 4 is way too big a handful for me!
When I was about Cam's age my cousin and I decided that our green gum would make cool "makeup". So, we put it on our eyebrows and cheeks and stuff. Not too much fun when it came time to remove the "makeup"! I think my aunt rubbed peanut butter on the gum to get it to come off our eyebrows. We never thought about using it to wax, though! :o)
Post a Comment