Tuesday, July 31, 2007

from his back to his stomach....



12 comments:

Reagan said...

Do babies normally roll over that early?!

Shawna said...

you know, I think it is early....but I am not sure HOW early.

MagenRanae said...

Miles must be super baby...
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babydevelopment/6504.html
This website says, "Your baby may be able to kick himself over, from his tummy to his back, as early as age 2 to 3 months. It may take him until he's about 5 or 6 months to flip from back to front, though, because he needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver."

Shawna said...

that is funny magen!
We are quite sure it was a fluke, not a developmental milestone. But none the less, I think I need to be a little more cautious where I leave him laying.

btw...rex thinks he was straining for the pacifier that he took out of his mouth...that would mean he is MORE intelligent than just rolling over! :)

jenica said...

Wow, that is very early! He was born early, too!
Hopefully this isn't a sign of a hyper active boy. Get ready!
With this and Cam's vocabulary, I think your children must be advanced. =)

Rachel said...

Si was rolling over early too...it's those tummy sleepers, I think. Si was up on all fours at 4 months, so I'm with Jenica...get ready! He will be moving soon!

Kari said...

Wow! That is early. Edward has just started rolling over within the last few weeks.
As I think back, when he was a newborn, I would occa. find him on his stomach or in a corner of the bed. Who knows how they do such things, esp. when no one is looking. You were lucky to catch this on camera.

Eryn said...

wow! go miles!
ella did that when she was a few weeks old. and then didnt do it again till she was 4 or 5 months. she also flipped off a chair at 2 weeks and fell out of her crib at 7 months. and you know how her and cam are so much alike. maybe miles is the boy version!

April said...

He doesn't look too happy about being on his belly.

Layla rolled over when she was two weeks over. She could feel the carpet on her cheek and was trying to find the breast and rolled herself right over.

rallywhit said...

You can tell his expression in that last picture that he was working very hard!

Jessie said...

He seems so little--tell him not to grow up so fast. Stay little Miles.

Laurel said...

Go Miles! :-) It's neat that you caught him in the act.

By the way, Stephen has that onesie. :-)