When we first found out we were expecting I signed up
for a weekly email describing fetal growth and development.
I usually just skim them, for the little facts, like how much the baby
weighs and what he is doing. The little things the girls like hearing about.
Today I received this one:
Week 34 Pregnancy Tip
Rekindling the Romance During Your Pregnancy
Hi shawna,
The anticipation of your newborn and the added stress of pregnancy
can take a toll on your love life. Here are some tips to
rekindle the romantic spirit during your pregnancy:
So, I am kind of cracking up while reading this list. I mean really...do two
people fit in most bathtubs? For a "long, leisurely soak?" Not to mention
when one of them is 34+ wks pregnant? I forward it to Rex at work asking
him if he wants to go to the dump. Since that was our first
"date", if you could call it that. Anyhow, this is the response I get:
for a weekly email describing fetal growth and development.
I usually just skim them, for the little facts, like how much the baby
weighs and what he is doing. The little things the girls like hearing about.
Today I received this one:
Week 34 Pregnancy Tip
Rekindling the Romance During Your Pregnancy
Hi shawna,
The anticipation of your newborn and the added stress of pregnancy
can take a toll on your love life. Here are some tips to
rekindle the romantic spirit during your pregnancy:
- Take a long, leisurely bath together. Enjoy a glass of non-alcoholic sparkling cider or juice with sparkling water, and drop a cherry in it.
- Give each other a slow, soothing shoulder massage. Try using oils scented with an aroma like jasmine, rose, or musk.
- Play soft music. Dance slowly by candlelight.
- Rent a movie and snuggle under a soft blanket.
- Feed each other. Try chocolates and fresh fruits.
- Look through photos taken when you first met to remember how you felt when you first fell in love.
- Return to the scene of your first date or re-create it as closely as possible.
- Sit together in the moonlight and just hold hands.
So, I am kind of cracking up while reading this list. I mean really...do two
people fit in most bathtubs? For a "long, leisurely soak?" Not to mention
when one of them is 34+ wks pregnant? I forward it to Rex at work asking
him if he wants to go to the dump. Since that was our first
"date", if you could call it that. Anyhow, this is the response I get:
Sounds fun!
I think I would feel better if you massaged my shoulders, fed me chocolate and got me sparkling cider.
Oh..... it is not about me!
See you soon.
Rex
I think I would feel better if you massaged my shoulders, fed me chocolate and got me sparkling cider.
Oh..... it is not about me!
See you soon.
Rex
4 comments:
That is hilarious!
i was wondering how to "snuggle " under a blanket. there are no soft blankets around here in the summertime and i dont think i can snuggle anymore, it requires limber movement, of which i have none. i have to "hoist"myself around anywhere!
but rex is right, i am sure that would make him feel better!
I was thinking the same thing about the tub. Let alone the comfort factor, but what about all the trouble being 34 weeks and getting in and out?! Hmmm, maybe the author is a man...
AH-HA-HA-HA-HA...
If Brooke tried to feed me chocolate & strawberries, I can only imagine the face-smearing carnage that would result!
Post a Comment