Friday, April 13, 2007

Baby Brother



Today we had our appointment with the Maternal Fetal Specialist.
Due to my size the midwife referred me to him.
Our little guy is not so little, he weighed in at 2lbs!
I do have an increased amount of amniotic fluid, so that is
also contributing to my size greater than dates.

Dr. Evans did find two abnormalities that we are going to
continue to watch. One of his kidneys is draining slower
than they would like. This is fairly common in neonate boys,
and often resolves itself by delivery. The other concern is
there is some swelling in his cerebral ventricles. It is at the
high end of the normal perimeters. We asked how concerned
he was about these issues, and he said on a scale of 1-10,
he is a 1. He would like to continue to see me, to monitor these
issues, and also the increased amniotic fluid puts us at a greater
risk for preterm labor/delivery.

We would covet your prayers for our little one, as he continues
to grow. It was so neat to see such clear pictures of him and
watch him play. He is already enjoying chewing on his fist, and
never stopped moving during the entire sono. We can't wait
to meet him!

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you;
not as the world gives do I give to you.
Do not let your heart be troubled,
nor let it be fearful.

John 14:27


16 comments:

meesh said...

We will be praying for you and the baby!

Rachel asked if your baby is black...she has only seen color pictures =)

Eryn said...

WOW! amazing picture! and we will definitely be praying for you and little brother. what did the girls think of the picture?

Shawna said...

there were many oohhs, and awws! (much girly excitment) I think it makes him seem more real especially to the older two. Cam already has her own unique connection with him.

Rachel C said...

How cute, we will remember you in our prayers- I am sure all will go great.

Ruth said...

Wow! That is a neat picture, it looks so much more real than the regular ultrasounds. We will definitely be praying for the baby's health as well as yours.

Scott and Lynn said...

I've never seen a pic in utero like that! How adorable :) I'm so glad the doctor's concerns are minimal. We pray for you often and will continue. We can't wait to meet this little guy, and you must have him when we are in town!!!

"I will love you o Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer. My God, my strength, in whom I will trust." Ps. 18:1,2

Shawna said...

So Lynn, doesn't that give me only 7 or 8 different days that I can have him? Lets hope they are toward the beginning of the month!

jenica said...

Praying that your mind and trust would be stayed on Him. It's hard not too worry in this mommy business!

Heather said...

Precious! Good verse to keep in mind as you ponder and pray. I will be praying for you too.

Scott and Lynn said...

You may have the baby on
8,9,10,11 or 24,25,26,27

We prefer the 8th or 24th so that we can see him several times while we are home :)

Shawna said...

I think I prefer the first set of dates! Rex's guess has been the 11th since we found out we are expecting, it follows my pattern of being early, and what better way to celebrate our 9th anniversary? :)

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that he's growing well. I love how the Lord knits each one of us from our very start, with a specific pattern in mind. He has a unique desire for little Mr. Bloom, and it will be so fun to see who he is!

We have been praying for him every night, and yesterday Ethan asked if he could go back and get inside my tummy again. :) If only.... but of course, I'm kidding!

tanya said...

Oh Shawna, That picture is so sweet! What a precious little one! We will certainly continue to pray for you and baby boy bloom! Isn't it wonderful to be in the Lord's hands, knowing that everything we receive is from Him, approved by Him and is His best for us?

Kelly said...

Shawna...he's sooo cute!! I can't wait to meet him!! I am praying for you and your baby!

Laurel said...

So very precious! We're praying for all of you. :-)

Kari said...

What a beautiful little boy! Its really amazing seeing such a snapshot of what he will look like when he arrives.
We will certainly pray for his health and safety. I'm glad that the Dr. feels confident that he will be fine. It really makes one realize how fragile life can be. Thank the Lord that He is in control.