The carpet people come tomorrow to put new carpet in
the bedrooms, so I should be working on getting the rooms
cleaned out. But I am tired and need a break! I thought
I would post some pics and ask your advice on what colors
to paint these stark white rooms.

In these two pics we have what was formally the play room,
which will be the family room. All the flooring is staying.
It will get a new ceiling, light fixture, and window treatments.

Below is a pic of the old guest room, to be school room.
It is getting a new ceiling, and light fixture.

This is a horrible picture of the closet, that for some reason,
I can't delete from this blog. It is in the school room.
Notice it does not have a door. This would be how the
former owners finished the basement, and it still passed code.

Next we have the laundry room, which will be the play room.
I have to get a new laundry "system" that allows me to shut
those double doors. There is no other place for a playroom, and
we can't not have a playroom! :)

Here are the colors that I currently have in the main part of
the house. I am not sure they will even help, but I thought
I would stick them on just in case.

This color is in the main living areas. It is a medium
butterscotch color.
butterscotch color.

This color is in the old school room, which is becoming our
room again. :) It is one shade darker than the main areas.

This color is Bison. (chocolate brown suede) It is currently our
room. But will be baby's room after the carpet is laid.
So what do you think? Any color ideas for me? I tend to not
like light colors. Kind of the middle of the paint card.
We want to make these rooms, feel like they are part
of the house, not just the dungeon basement.
13 comments:
The first two pictures of your colored walls look white to me. But I vote for a bright blue for the family room and for the guest room maybe a burnt umber (orange) :) this is why I don't decorate.
What do you think? Maybe some leopard print accents?Or maybe something with tassles?
:)
ha, ha, Jessie!
I vote for deeper shades of what you have upstairs, or maybe red.
I'd be happy to look at paint cards with you though.
I like the idea of deeper. For some reason I had it in my head I should go lighter, which I didn't really want to do...maybe because it is a basement?
I like the red idea too, what do you think about doing the fireplace wall red?
I need to go get some paint cards, maybe when I pick up the stuff for the ceiling on Monday I will grab some.
Jessie, rex would freak if I asked him to paint a room orange!
as you can tell by my house, i love the brown family. i feel you just cant go wrong with form of brown. but i definitely wouldnt go too dark down there. i have absolute faith in your choosing, i love all the colors in your house.
a favorite of mine is called carmelized onion.
I can't wait to see the carpet! As for colors - I do have a great jungle orange in one of my closets, and also a nice gray in my upstairs hallway :)
I ALWAYS gravitate towards blue...lately I have been dreaming about when we finally get into a house where we can paint...I want to do a lot of blue and brown. Very rich, deep colors.
But I agree you probably don't want to do anything too dark in the basement.
Ask Reagan, she's supposed to be a pro at this!!!
Do you have any actual colors upstairs? If you don't, you might get sick of more browns? What about doing the same family of browns (lighter or darker shades) and then the main room a green (that goes well with the browns)?
I love green though, you may not.
I agree with Rachel, deeper shades would be great.
I have a red room in my basement that I really like, but I have all white wood work down there, so that helps it not seem so dark.
You'll have to show us the "after" pictures, I am sure they will look great.
i love green too, jenica! my kitchen is spring green (not quite lime green) and it is my favorite room in our house!
what colors do the girls want to paint? your kids are just so funny that i wondered what they would pick!
Wow, you really do have a paint job ahead. Did Ken and Rex talk this weekend?
Grace is always my color consultant. I'm horrible with them.
Yeah, I want to hear Grace's opinion!
What are you thinking Shawna? Have you come to any conclusions?
Talk to Grace:)Ive always thought painting is so risky.
Post a Comment