Monday, November 13, 2006

Journaling

The girls journal every morning for school.

Think about the weekend ahead. Describe one
thing you would like to do with your family that
you've never tried before.

Here is what they turned in:




The dentist and Canada. Yes, my kindergartner wants
to go to Canada. When Rex was at the dentist this
week, their remodel was finished. I guess
seeing the new train trumps the fear
of orthodontics for Merikate!

7 comments:

April said...

Is that suppose to be Rex with the spikey hair?

Shawna said...

yeah, that is his buzz! :)

Brooke said...

oh, how funny. well, he could have passed for marcie in the hospital if he looked like that! :o)

Shawna said...

very true! we are all quite slender in Canada.

HopiQ said...

I love this idea of the children journaling each day. I may have to borrow it. Thank you for the idea!

Shawna said...

Hope,

A teacher friend of mine recommended that I have them journal. One of the nice things about it is being able to have them work on it when I am not in the room. If I need to take a phone call, change our the laundry, or if I am in the shower and they are antsy to start school, I tell them to go journal. I write the prompt on the board the night before with the date, so it is ready to go.

I did end up buying a book of journal prompts, I couldn't keep coming up with ideas.

http://rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?sid=1163618935-312375&id=014327

I have Merikate write 4-5 sentances and draw a small picture. Brooklyn draws and then adds a few words that she sounds out herself.

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Canada with Brookie