Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fresh Babies.....

On the way to drop off the van at Steve and Janet's and meet Katie and the girls and I had this very insightful conversation. I am always amazed at the things they hear, remember, and apply to their situtation.

I am explaining that when we get to Janet's I do not want anyone asking to hold or touch new baby William. Because he is fresh, and we just don't hold fresh babies, because of germs and new mommies. Brooklyn quickly pipes up, "Mom, when cousin Layla was born we held her in the hospital, and she was really FRESH!" "Yes," I said, "but Layla is part of our family so it is not the same thing as holding a brand new baby that is not part of your family, okay?" To which Merikate pipes up, "Mom, but we are all in the family of God, so it probably would be okay, right?"

Uhhh, nope. True we are all in the family of God, and it is just not the same, and no I do not know how to explain it, we are just not going to touch baby William, Okay?

Okay! :)

No comments: