One thing I really like about blogland is the gifted mothers who write encouraging things. Rachel and I were just talking about this yesterday, how nice it is to sit down and read through a few blogs and regain perspective on why our job is so important, be encouraged to press on, and slow down enough to see the fingerprint of God in our life.
I have been thinking a lot about the verse in Romans that says,
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God.
This verse is talking about God's promise to Abraham. But in applying it to myself, I wonder how many times do I stagger because of my unbelief? Is my Christian life marked by short dashes and staggering? The desire of my heart is to run the race well, to lay aside the weight, the sin, and run with patience. I have been finding that a big part of that race is on my knees.
Everday Mommy is hosting a writing contest, the theme is "What My Children Taught Me About God" it is open until the end of August.
So I thought I would share a couple blogs that encouraged me today:
This one really hits home...I love her candid honesty.
www.mikeandsheri4.blogspot.com/2006/08/what-my-children-taught-me-about-god.html
and this one just makes you stop and think how often do we miss the Lord's loving hand of protection and care around us?
www.halfpinthouse.com/?p=566
Anyway, I would encourage you to pop over to www.everydaymommy.net and be encouraged!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good thoughts. I'm too tired to elaborate. :)
Post a Comment