Friday, July 07, 2006

where did we get her?

Last Saturday Camryn comes up to me with her hands over her chest, and says, "Mom, I have to be real patient, until my nilkers grow up."

WHAT???????????????

So then I make the mistake of laughing, and not correcting her and talking with her about how we don't talk about growing female anatomy in public.

Fast forward to this week, Rex has her down at family camp, introducing her to a older couple. Camryn says (to the wife), "when I grow up, I am going to have big nilkers like you." The gentleman says to Rex, "what did she just say?" (For those of you who know Rex, it makes it even funnier, to imagine him squirming in embarrassment.)

Oh, and yes we did address it with her. I wish I could say that means she won't bring it up again. But with Cam, you just never know. Next time she will more than likely say something MORE embarrassing.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Priceless!! I love how children have the ability to embarass us without trying AND make us laugh at that embarassment at the same time.
How ARE you guys?