"I was crushed...
so much so that I despaired even of life,
but that was to make me rely not on myself,
but on the God who raises the dead"
2 Cor. 1:8, 9
#17 the ability to laugh at myself
#18 caring doctors
#19 honest babysitters
#20 bad reports
#21 chastening
#21 repentant hearts
#22 the promise and hope for a new day
#23 business trip for the hubbers
#24 encouraging conversations
#26 girls night out
#27 the generosity of the Lord
#28 quiet evenings
#29 stillness
#30 allotted strength
#31 resting
#32 the rise and fall of my son's chest
#33 candles
#35 eucalyptus oil
#36 master bathrooms
#37 humidifiers
#38 the ability to stay home
#39 being challenged
#40 choir
#41 progress
#42 a warm home
#43 multiplied trials
#44 HIS multiplied peace
#45 protection of loved ones
"Pressed out of measure and pressed to all length;
Pressed so intensely it seems, beyond strength;
Pressed in the body and pressed in the soul,
Pressed in the mind till the dark surges roll.
Pressure by foes, and a pressure from friends.
Pressure on pressure, till life nearly ends.
"Pressed into knowing no helper but God;
Pressed into loving the staff and the rod.
Pressed into liberty where nothing clings;
Pressed into faith for impossible things.
Pressed into living a life in the Lord,
Pressed into living a Christ-life out poured."
6 comments:
:) These are fun to read, and that's a really adorable picture! Miles is quite the little man!
I was just reading Ann Voskamp's blog the other day and thinking of starting a 1000 gifts lists ... thanks for reminding me!
and I LOVE the new look of your blog - very nice!
I love your list of gifts - seems like this is a good exercise, choosing to view ALL THINGS as gifts from Him. It definitely makes you think!
I'm praying for you this week - 2 more days, right????
It has been *so* good for me, because I've always tried to mentally talk myself down, and choose to see the fingerprint of God in EVERYTHING. But something about seeing it all written out, it is just a reminder of His faithfulness and work in our home and my life. Maybe b/c I can see the progression of it all when it is on paper? I don't know? I really like it though.
He does come home in two days. Funny thing is, things have gone so well compared to other trips. This was just an intense parenting week. :)
Love the gifts. And the "pressed" poem... who wrote that?
I'm not sure - it was in yesterdays streams in the desert.
Post a Comment