Sunday: Vegetarian chili, fritos, cheese, onions/Brett's salad/Cinnamon Rolls (Potluck)
Monday: Tortilla Soup/Salad/Cornbread
Tuesday: Shrimp Curry/Rice
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Broccoli and Cheese Soup/Bread bowls/apple slices
Friday: Date Night
Saturday: Baked Potato Bar (chili, broccoli and cheese soup, sour cream, cheese)/Salad
Sunday: Pizza Rolls/Marinara (family night)
7 comments:
Do you make your own bread bowls?
Well I learned a few things'
1. what you are having this week
2. we have potluck on Sunday
3. family night is Sunday too :)
You are a huge help
Michelle - I'm going to try! Seems like it is just big buns right? We'll see how they turn out! I thought the kids might get a kick out of them!
Jessie- Family Night is this coming Sunday at Anne and Micah's. Potluck was while you were gone! ;)
shrimp curry recipe, please?
Eryn,
I actually got the idea from a conversation on FB. Everyone was raving about Janet's curry. So she posted it. I'll cut and paste.
"This is fun! Everyone is going nuts for a recipe that not even mine! I love the rave reviews though!! It's Steve's mom's recipe, and it is DELICIOUS! :) You just pick your meat (beef, pork, or chicken), And cook it just like you would for soup, with onions, garlic salt, pepper, celery, whatever you like to season it with. Let is simmer until the meat is tender. Then add big chuncks of potatoes, and carrots and cook til tender.
THEN! Get a box of "Golden Curry", it comes in mild, medium and HOT! You open the box and it is in cubes (like a chocolate bar). Just plunk them into the "soup" and stir til melted. It will turn your pot into a beautiful golden curry, and it will thicken at the same time. You can add as many cubes of the curry as you like to suit you. Steve's mom serves this over her Japanese rice, with Japanese pickles. But I like to add raisins, peanuts, coconut as garnishes over it with the rice. I hope it turns out for everyone. I think I'm hungry! :) ENJOY"
----------------------
So, I found the Golden Curry at the asian mkt here, it was $7.99 for a huge bar (in a box) that made two pots of it. I did potatoes, onion, green beans, cauliflower, peas and shrimp. It was really good! And so easy! I think it may be the asian version of hamburger helper. :)
Yummy soups for this weather!
update -
I was at Walmart yesterday looking for something in the asian section, and I saw the golden curry. It was $2.14 a box. I never even thought to look there - I had just checked at the two "nice" grocery stores. Live and learn!
Post a Comment