Monday, June 15, 2009

Procrastination


We move in 1o days.  Have I started packing?
Umm, no.  

What have I been doing? 

Buying more stuff to pack, what else?!

The deals have just been too hard to resist.

Rex made me promise to stop, so I will.  But I had to share.
I have been a garage sale hater in the past.  But after this last
week, I have become a convert.  Bring on the bargains!  




Antique Dresser, $7



8 Lanterns, $20



Almost a half gallon of paint, $1



Super cute cork board, $3



Wicker magazine holder, $2



Farm and Castle for the birthday boy, $20
Hey, I have packed a box! ;)



The other 4 lanterns.



Decorative dishes for a friend, .99 each



Rubbermaid Cooler, $2



School Desk for Brooklyn, $19.99
(the sofa table and round table are past $5 bargains)



Topiaries .50 each



White dishes, $1 each
(I'm not wild about the writing, 
but I figured I could turn them around!)



Linen Tablecloth, $2

10 comments:

Christina said...

If you've fallen in love with the garage sales, stay away from Goodwill...for Rex's sake.

bandanachick said...

You found some great stuff!! Those dishes are for me, right? ;)

Shawna said...

Some of the stuff pictured is from Goodwill Christina! I use to have quite the gw habit. I think I prefer garage sales now though, mostly b/c of the fresh air and it seems like the prices are cheaper.

Shawna said...

I bought them for Reagan. :) To cheer her through her remodel list!

If I see another set though, I'd be glad to snatch them up for you! They still had the TXMaxx tags on them!

Marcie said...

All perfect for the new house! Good finds!

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

nice job! :) i was just talking to my MIL today about garage sales and goodwill. way to get some great deals!

Reagan said...

that is some great stuff for so cheap! i would say better to stock up on stuff you like then go out and buy something expensive!

Anonymous said...

10 days...YAY!!!!! I'm coveting the white dishes you found! ;)

marti said...

So I guess the deal went through! Yeah! I trust all will go well. Doris and I walked around the house and peeked in the windows. The property has real potential but we really couldn't see anything inside.

Praying all will go well!

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Hi Shawna! This year has been a really good year for garage sales- I've been quite impressed. The days like yours are the best ever, where you find a whole variety of wonderful, useful items from toys to dishes to furniture. Hope your move and house-setting-upping is going smoothly!