Thursday, January 15, 2009

Melt in your Mouth Muffin Mix

This recipe was recently posted on a forum I am on. Cam and I mixed a batch up earlier this week, and I must say the convenience is SO nice! For our first dozen we did 1 banana and a small handful of chocolate chips. Tonight we chopped up an apple and a handful of raisins. Can't beat breakfast out of the pantry!

MUFFIN MIX

4c. all purpose flour
4c. whole wheat flour
3 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients. Place in a large, airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 to 8 months.

MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MUFFINS

2 3/4 c. muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. melted butter (I cut this back to 1/4c today and it worked great)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease muffin pan.
Combine egg & milk in small bowl. Add all at once to mix. Stir until just moistened. (batter should be lumpy) Fill muffin pan. Bake 18-20 minutes. Makes 14 muffins.

May add 1 c. of fresh, frozen or dried fruit.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

This sounds great! Looking forward to trying it.

Marcie said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this. I wonder what they would be like with all wheat pastry flour? Maybe I'll give it a try...

Shawna said...

I would imagine it would work great marcie! I really need to buy myself a bag of pastry berries. I have never worked with them at all. When we stay at Connie's she make everything with them, and it all turns out fabulous, especially the scones.

Rachel C said...

Definitely going to try-love baking new things!