As is the custom to ponder goals and lists for the new year, it is nearly impossible NOT to reflect and evaluate.
What does the Lord desire for me this year in the area of personal discipline?
I have been mulling this over in my mind the last few weeks, as some aspects of my life have felt *seemingly* at a breaking point. I despise feeling behind and unorganized, as if I am one clutter pile away from a nervous breakdown. (And trust me it is always the mess that is the straw that breaks the camel's back!)
As a result of all this musing, there has been many a prayer and discussion as to how the Lord would hone the area of discipline in my life. I think every facet needs work, but I know the root of it, so that is where I will start.
I enjoyed this quote on Amy's blog tonight:
Sir Alexander Patterson said:
“Make us masters of ourselves that we may be the servants of others.”
I know the benefits are innumerable, so now is the time to put my hand to the plow and do what I know I need to do. After all, I know what James says right? To him who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to Him it is sin. Yikes! Puts a little different spin on the new years resolution reflection doesn't it?!?
Praying for a great 2009!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so in the same boat Shawna. But I was comfortable in my vague and empathic thoughts of, "oh, yes, I need to work on that, too." Until you had to go and bring up that whole James passage... meddler! ;-P
Wow! The new year is always a great time to make changes. Why does it seem so much more like the time instead of each day being a new day and a chance to start over???? Does that make sense? :)
Post a Comment