Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I break my streak of not posting to tell you about lunch meat...



Tonight Rex and I went to walmart during kids club. As we were wandering aimlessly with Miles, Rex mentioned that lunch meat sounded good. This started a discussion on "when" I buy lunch meat. When its on sale, or marked down, or have a coupon, etc. The discussion rapidly turned to him harassing me that if I loved him I would cough up some of the grocery budget for $6-7# meat. Isn't he worth it? (not an exact quote mind you - but that was the jist of it)

We even went and checked to see if Walmart had any marked down. Sadly, they did not. (side note - I bought steaks marked down at walmart for $2# less than their lunch meat) I assured him that I would buy him lunch meat the next time I saw it on sale, and silently asked the Lord for a good deal soon.

Somehow in the midst of all of this joking we forgot to get stuff on our list. Surprise, surprise! So after we picked up the kids I ran into dillons and look what I found! Lunch meat marked down to .83 a package, with a coupon for .55 off. And dillons doubles! I snatched up the last three packages and made .51! I was in shock, such a great deal.

I had to catch myself though, why do I act so surprised at the Lords loving kindness to me and my family? Why do I seemingly forget His care? It was a good reminder to me to once again discipline myself to see Him, and His hand in my life, even in something as small as lunch meat.

Thank you Lord!

FYI, after we got home and the kids were in bed, I could not resist going to check another dillons to see if they too had the same markdown. And they did! I went ahead and bought the 29 packages they had. :)

9 comments:

meesh said...

So fun! The Lord is so good to us, in so many ways! What a fun reminder of His love for you! He does takes care of us!

Marcie said...

Awesome! The Lord is so good to us. Are you going to freeze it?

Shawna said...

yeah, I kept three pkgs in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. It is a total of 9# so it won't take too long to use. The nice thing is, they are sealed in individual servings, so it will make using it up even easier!

Laurel said...

Yay for a new post - whatever it takes. :-) Love you!

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I love hearing about things like that - the Lord is so good!

Jessie said...

:) Hooray

Kathy said...

cool! I never thought about freezing it, that's a great idea!

MagenRanae said...

Hehehe...that's so fun! God is good! It's so fun to get exactly what you know your husband wants!

agapesmansion said...

The Lord is wonderful! I love deals where I know the Lord put them there just for me!