Sunday, April 13, 2008

one coat down...one to go...



After doubting myself several times, I think
I am going to love it like I orginally thought.



It is a major commitment,
but I just LOVE black.


And now I need to go to bed, because
church starts in 5hr and 20 min.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!

bandanachick said...

I LOVE LOVE it, so don't be freaked out! Nate and I both love black cabinets, he has been trying to talk me into doing it in our kitchen here.
Are you getting a new countertop?

Eryn said...

i LOVE black too! i am so excited about your kitchen.

Brooke said...

I love it too! I think black is very "in" right now.

Shawna said...

yes, we are getting a new countertop.

james and eryn are coming down next weekend, and he is doing granite tile. I can't wait!

jenica said...

Ok. That's not what I was expecting! It looks great Shawna- I like the black. Good work, you must be exhausted!

meesh said...

Way to go, Shawna! It looks great! That's a lot of work!!

~ Rory ~ said...

Shawna it looks great!!! And the granite tile will really be gorgeous with the black cabinets. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Shawna said...

We are pretty tired. We took a day of rest today. It has been nice. Rex has Monday off, so we will do the final coat then.

Jenica, you have me all curious, what were you expecting?

Rachel said...

I'm HOME!!!! Love it, of course. I knew I would. I'm glad you're going through this before me (SMILE) because I'll have more of an idea of what I'm getting into! It is going to look beautiful - yay!

Rachel said...

I thought I commented here? Weird. Well, I love it, of course, and I think you made a good choice painting the insides. It might not be an easy process, but it will be worth it! Your kitchen is going to be gorgeous!

jenica said...

Actually, I don't recall ever seeing black cabinets! (Weird, because I love looking at design blogs.)
So the color didn't even cross my mind. I think it looks great!