Thursday, April 24, 2008

For the grandmas and the grandpas...



Spring has finally arrived! We are loving it.
Windows open, things growing.
It is just beautiful.


The trees on the side of the house are blooming.
It makes everything cheery!




Someone else is growing too!
I can hardly believe we are closing in on 1!
Everyday he learns something new.
Signs are starting to click, and even a few
words. His strength and sweetness awe me.
Here is what he did today.



Where do those sisters always scurry off to?




He has been dying to know!




With sheer determination and lots of strength,
he makes his way.




Almost there!





One last stomach crunch to go!





What do we do now, sissies?




Is it just me, or is this early for climbing stairs?
I can't remember when the girls did it.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. I love the house color!
He looks so much like you did at that age, and strong you were very strong. You actually started walking at 9 months but took a bad fall and did not try again until you were 12 months! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Grandma N.

Brooke said...

It seems early to me... I think Jayden was climbing stairs before he was walking, but that was like 12 months or so. Go ahead and be proud! :o)

Marcie said...

What a strong little man! Make you not seem so far away when we can be a part of events like this. Wish we could come next weekend :( but I've got a baby to birth...

Laurel said...

I think it's early too. :-)
Stephen starting climbing the stairs at the chapel a couple weeks ago, but they are very shallow. He doesn't go up the step from the office to the dining room yet, as it's a couple inches taller.
Go Miles!!

Reagan said...

It's crazy to think about how the time has flown already!

jenica said...

He's such a cutie.
I haven't a clue as to when my babies climbed stairs. But that seems pretty early.

Rachel said...

Way to go, Miles! He is taking this boy stuff seriously and living up to it.

I think both my boys were climbing stairs almost as soon as they could crawl. They didn't learn to go down until after a year though.

It's nice that you have a door to block those stairs. :)

bandanachick said...

Great job Miles!
Thats earlier than Austin climbed stairs. I don't think he started until we moved into this house and he was a little over 12 months then.

Kathy said...

He is just darling! And I'm anxiously awaiting the pictures of your finished kitchen!!

Eryn said...

i love the pictures! miles is adorable, i cant wait to see him in person.
autumn has been trying the stairs, but no climbing yet. maybe miles can teach her in a couple of weeks.

Happy Diner said...

During the whole climb, the pacifier never left his mouth. I love it. He was calm, cool... collected.

Grace Powell said...

I am reading this post late, but here are my comments:
1. Josh commented on your blog! Wow, that's a rare priviledge.
2. Elisa was going up and down stairs well before a year, but that was because my mom watches her mondays and really worked with her on it. By the time she was a year we let her have free reign, no gates unsupervised.
3. He sure is a cutie!