Saturday, February 09, 2008

4 down, 2 to go


The respiratory crud has hit. Thankfully, it seems to be
working its way swiftly through the family.

We have been snoozing a lot. Not sure why everyone
sleeps better in the DAY, instead of the night.
But hey! We will take the rest we can get.


When we are not sleeping, we are just laying around.
Listening to the sweet chatter of those who are not sick.
Even while laying around miserable, it it nice to be reminded
of the blessings that surround us. The fun quirkyness of family
members that is sometimes missed in the busyness of life.



Fortunately Rex is one of the two that have not gotten
it yet. Below is a picture of the nurse station. It appears
he has us covered for almost any ailment. :)




This verse was an encouragement to me in the
middle of the night while praying over Miles.

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be
content in whatever circumstances I am.
Philipians 4:11

I needed to be reminded that while I would not
choose sickness, especially sick babies!
I can choose contentment.
“An internal satisfaction which
does not demand changes in external circumstances”
-holzman bible dictionary

Hopefully this finds you enjoying your weekend,
regardless of what He has asked of you. I know
I certainly have had to mentally lay aside *my* desires
for this weekend. And while I had hoped to remove
the hideous wall paper from the kitchen walls, that is
not what He had for me. So contentment I will choose,
one more weekend with the turquoise and red paper. :)

For from Him and through Him and to Him
are all things, To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Romans 11:36

Happy Saturday Everyone!



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay, I just have to comment on the picture of Miles in the crib... I think you have broken all of the rules of the American Association of Pediatrics! You have a pillow, a blanket, AND he's on his tummy! :o)

I think everyone I know has at least one sickie. Sophie has her first stuffy nose and congestion, but thankfully it's not too bad. She doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. I appreciated your comments on the verse in Philippians. It is too easy to forget to "choose" contentment! Thank you for the reminder.

Shawna said...

Yeah, what is even funnier is if you look really close, you will see he is laying on a get well card one of the girls made for him. I didn't realize they had actually *given* it to him. Lucky he is sick enough to not attempt to eat it. He is so big that we put him in his bed and he sleeps however he wants. :) Sometimes he is on his side, back or tummy. I have no doubt he would let me know if he didn't like a predicament he found himself in...he has quite the set of pipes. :)