Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sunday

Sundays are interesting days when you have multiple
children. There are more variables and factors in the
equation that should equal everyone going to church.
This Sunday Brooklyn was sick. Since Miles was sick
week before last and I missed the whole morning,
(moms of babies understand, sick baby=no sleep for mom)
Rex and I decided to trade off. He went to Remembrance
and Sunday School and then came home,
and I went to 3rd meeting and potluck.



When Merikate and I came home,
look who I found in my bed relaxing!


Enjoying a little elmo. :)




And some yummy thumb!



That night at dinner, Miles joined the girls.
They love it when he "eats" with them. Usually
this means he just sits in his bumbo while they eat,
but not this night,
He ate his first biter biscuit.
Yummy, yummy!




At the store last week I was trying to decide which
kind to get, biter biscuits, or zwieback toast.
The zwieback has high fructose corn syrup in them!
Who knew? So I picked the biter biscuits, knowing they
would be way more mess than the toast.
(You know you have multiple children when you evaluate
food choices based on the relative nutrition
value vs. the mess you will have to clean!)
Later, when looking at the package I see this warning:

Children given this product must be 10+ months and accustomed
to chewing solid foods. Gerber recommends children be seated
and supervised while eating.

Of course I read this AFTER I fed it to my 5 month old,
this being nearly his first exposure to food. Oh well, I guess
I am one of those moms now that just does what she wants
with no regard to "recommendations", haha!
At least he was sitting!
(although even that is comical - since he is in a bumbo and on
a table - the very reason they just recalled those things, but
Merikate was watching him I promise!)




2 comments:

Rachel C said...

I did not pay attention to any of the recommended ages! I just watched her closely and you are right those things are messssssy! Very cute pics, I think everything could be recalled if it was used unsupervised! I loved the bumbo.

Arlice said...

I think the bumbo is safest on the floor. Some babies have fallen off tables, etc.