The day of the midweek meeting.
I am not sure how many of you can relate,
but this meeting is hard. Not the actual meeting
itself, but getting myself there. I have never once
regretted going. Yet lately I found myself really
struggling to go. Tonight was no different. The list
(in my mind) of why I could/should stay home was quite
lengthy. As I pondered all my
graciously reminded me of how self centered they all were.
Seriously, if I gave you the list, you would think I was planning
on sitting at home with a cup of cocoa and throwing myself
a pity party! It wasn't pretty. But, I have been thinking a lot about
my need to submit recently, and how I have to lay aside my own
selfishness for it to work. Tonight I had to make that choice,
to place myself under Him, and go.
And you know what? Not that this will be any huge revelation...
He is SO faithful. He knows me, He knows exactly what I need.
As we prayed the Lord ministered to me,
through my fellow believers and their supplications.
How did these men that were praying know what *I* was struggling
with this week? You know what they didn't, but they made the choice
too, they submitted themselves to what the Lord had asked of
them. And the Lord used them mightily tonight, a balm to my
weary soul and a reminder that I am not hidden from the Lord.
How good is the God we adore,
our faithful unchangeable friend:
whose love is as great as His Power,
and knows neither measure nor end!
Philemon 1:7
Your love has given me great joy and
encouragement, because you, brother,
have refreshed the hearts of the saints.
5 comments:
Very encouraging Shawna! We barely make it to that meeting due to Brandon's work schedule, but when we could it's so hard right now because it falls right at Elisa's bedtime. How do you deal with that? She just gets loud and cranky and I don't get to sit through the meeting anyways. It is such a blessing to be there for me and for the other believers. I really wish I could figure it out.
grace-
I totally hear you on the bedtime thing. Around here our kids start heading to bed at 7. We have in the past done later naps, and brought them in their jammies. Right now I don't have a young one like you, so what the late night means for me, is I have to work on showing more grace come thursday, because they are definitely more tired.
I am not sure I have any advice on the nursery, as I find myself in the same place. Much work to get us there, then often times I end up in the nursery for some if not all. Last night, I only got to hear the first three prayers. But the Lord knew that, and He used them. For me, it is just surrendering my *right* to attend prayer meeting and bible study. (in peace and quiet) Would I love to be able to sit and hear it all? Yes! But this season that the Lord has me in is just that - a season! This for me is where I struggle the most, I want to be in the meeting, not in some back room, if I am going to make the effort to get us all there! The Lord graciously reminded me last night, that He is the one that has called me to this role, to care for Miles, and He can use even the nursery for my good. And He did! Last night there was a mom in the nursery whose very conversation with me was a great blessing.
Anyhow...I don't know if any of that helps! Just some thoughts that have been swirling around in my head. This is an area that the Lord is really working on me in, since it has been a while since we have done the baby thing. :) You would think by the 4th I would accept some of these things, yet here I am fighting them tooth and nail! I will be praying for you though! That the Lord would encourage you and Brandon both. And that you would be able to find a workable solution. Love ya!
You've been reading my mind! :) I have been using Wednesday evenings for "me-time" in a quiet house with just me and the baby, but the Lord is gently urging me to go to the meeting. AND I am so glad I went last night.
while we dont have a wednesday night meeting, james and i have been discussing this for our worship meeting. when we are home, we find we have been skipping it alot because of being so tired (he works a lot of weekends and i am up with autumn alot). we are going to change that. we know the lord should come first and he will bless us for our "sacrifice" for him.
Boy, do I understand that!
Seems like so much of my time is spent in the nursery.
But, when I CAN be in the meeting, the Lord Himself ALWAYS meets me right where I need to be met.
But, for this season of our lives, this is where He has us, & your right Shawna-only a passing season.
Post a Comment