Thursday, August 23, 2007

When the 8 yr old takes care of baby.....


This is one of the benefits of having older children when
a baby is born. If you are short on time you can hand him
off after a feeding, and your helper can burp him and
take care of him, while you hit the shower and get
ready yourself! I just smiled when I came in and saw him.
He is resting wrapped in his favorite blanket,
with his paci in, a bib on, another paci clipped to his
clothes, and a burp cloth laid horizontally across his belly.
He is prepared for any baby emergency!


9 comments:

Heather said...

This IS an absolutely amazing benefit of having older children when another one--or two--comes along. Looks like she did a great job!!

Kari said...

Wish I had one. Thank goodness for my siblings though. They help out all the time.
What a great daughter you have. I'm sure she loves taking care of Miles. Its great practice for her future too.

Reagan said...

Cute

Christina said...

What good helpers you have! It really does get easier in many ways after the first. Miles is blessed to have such great big sisters!

Ruth said...

That is nice! Maybe I will wait until Austin is that age to have my next one! :)
I have been thinking about that green blanket so much I even dreamed about it last night! I had a dream I found two on clearance for $3 for you!

Eryn said...

way to go meri kate! patrick isnt quite there yet, but it is helpful having older children, especially when you are nursing and the phone rings or you need something. love it!

Scott and Lynn said...

So sweet! I loved sitting behind the girls on Weds. nights when you were in the nursery and watching MK mommying Cam. She's going to be a great big sis to her brother!

Laurel said...

So sweet! I've also enjoyed the growth that I've seen in Ellie (almost 9) since Stephen's birth. She's become much more responsible overall, much more interested in learning homemaking skills, etc. Do you see this in MK, or was she already that way?

Ruth said...

No problem...whatever is easier for you. You can send it or give it to Rachel. I will see her in two weeks.