Thursday, July 12, 2007

Waiting



Today we found out that Miles' bili level had gone
up again. He is still in the relatively safe zone, but
of course all involved would like to see it be in a range
that doesn't require more trips to the clinic and poking.
Everyday, actually make that several times a day,
Rex and I have had to turn these results over to the Lord.
Believe me, He knows what WE WANT the results to be.
And He knows all the reasons that we have too.
The choice we have to CHOOSE to make, is to wait on Him,
for His will to be done, that He will be glorified in all of it.

Amy wrote a blog this morning that I just loved. I am going
to cut and paste the Elisabeth Elliot quote and the verses
she shared. They were so encouraging to me.
Perhaps you have something that you are diligently
taking to the Lord, and they will encourage you as well.


“I had been praying for something I wanted very badly.
It seemed a good thing to have, a thing that would make
life even more pleasant than it is, and would not in any
way hinder my work. God did not give it to me. Why?
I do not know all of his reasons, of course.
The God who orchestrates the universe has a good many
things to consider that have not occurred to me,
and it is well that I leave them to Him.
But one thing I do understand:
He offers me holiness at the price of relinquishing my own will.”
-Elisabeth Elliot


*********************************************



Trust in the LORD, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
Psalm 37:3 - 7a






4 comments:

Reagan said...

I have found it is always good to have this outlook, because later you will look back and realize how God was in control. If you can be in the troubling situation like you are and realize that you need to give it up and not worry about it, you end up being so much better off. Thanks for posting that because I always find myself worrying about even the little things. It makes life so much more burdensome when you are trying to wrestle with God for what could, might or should happen. I'll be praying for your little one and that God can give you and Rex rest in the comfort of knowing that He is good and always has a purpose.

Rachel said...

I loved her post too, and thought of you. It is easier to see from an outside perspective (the Lord's sovereignty and wisdom), but when you're in the midst of it, I know it's difficult and a MOMENT BY MOMENT giving of these thoughts and anxieties to the Lord. We're praying for you too...thanks for sharing the encouragement.

Shawna said...

rachel,
I laughed when I read her blog, at how timely it was. Especially since last week when I was having my mini melt down about what to do with the basement, she was right on then too! :)

Laurel said...

Thanks so much, Shawna. I love how the Lord will teach one of us and allow the lesson to be passed on from one to the other. I hadn't read Amy before I read your post, but somehow the Lord used yours to reach my heart and remind me of some needed truths. Thank you, and I'm continuing to pray for you all.