A couple of weeks ago, a dear friend sent me
these quotes by Elisabeth Elliot.
I thought they were SO encouraging,
so powerful, that I had to pass them along.
these quotes by Elisabeth Elliot.
I thought they were SO encouraging,
so powerful, that I had to pass them along.
"Motherhood requires self-giving, sacrifice, suffering.
It is a going down into death in order to give life,
a great human analogy of a great spiritual principle."
It is a going down into death in order to give life,
a great human analogy of a great spiritual principle."
(Let me be a Woman, p. 62)
"The process of shaping the child shapes also
the mother herself. Reverence for her sacred burden
calls her to all that is pure and good, that she may
teach primarily by her own humble, daily example."
the mother herself. Reverence for her sacred burden
calls her to all that is pure and good, that she may
teach primarily by her own humble, daily example."
(The Shaping of a Christian Family, p. 99)
"A mother is a chalice, the vessel without which
no human being has ever been born. She is created
to be a life-bearer, cooperating with her husband and
with God in the making of a child. What a solemn
responsibility. What an unspeakable privilege -
a vessel divinely prepared for the Master's use."
no human being has ever been born. She is created
to be a life-bearer, cooperating with her husband and
with God in the making of a child. What a solemn
responsibility. What an unspeakable privilege -
a vessel divinely prepared for the Master's use."
(The Shaping of a Christian Family, p. 98)
2 comments:
That's refreshing! I am so thankful to be on this motherhood road.
Fills my heart with thankfulness and awe.
Post a Comment