Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Perseverance

Today Merikate brought me her math lesson for help.
I look at it, and was shocked to see that they want her to
answer this math problem.

9 + n = 14
n=

I explained to her how they want her to find the value
of n. She looks at me and says, "this is going to take
some perseverance, but I think I can do it!"

I was reminded of this verse:
Indeed we count them blessed who endure.
You have heard of the perseverance of Job
and seen the end intended by the Lord—
that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

James 5:11

"seen the end intended by the Lord"
isn't that encouraging?


5 comments:

Scott and Lynn said...

It's good that we can count on that - 'the end is intended by the Lord'. How much easier it is to be able to rely on Him through anything when we know He's got a plan!!!

HopiQ said...

Amen! There are a couple of things in our lives right now that this applies to...thank you SO MUCH for the reminder. The Lord knows, He has a plan, we can trust Him!

Rachel said...

I love that verse! And Romans 8:28 too, because they both remind of us the sovereignty of God, that He is actively working out His Plan here on earth.

I love a phrase from Daniel 5:23, "...the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways..." This is so true!

Grace Powell said...

Amen. I needed this today as I look around at all this unpacking I have to do. Perseverance is going to be my mantra for the indeffinate future. Thank the Lord for His strength, because I don't have any left!

luaphacim said...

The answer is 4, right? 3? 2? :-)