Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Fun.....


Last night when I got home, our house was covered in snow.


It was a little after 11 and all the lights were on.
Which isn't entirely unusual since it is bible study night.
I went in to ask Rex to carry in my deals, and I couldn't find him.



After looking all through the house and calling his name,
I see the lights on the back of the house are on.
I look out and see the beginnings of a snow creation.
I look really hard and see him in the back of the yard
rolling the walls of a snow fort for the girls.


Here it is, pretty impressive!



The girls were thrilled when the woke up!









This snow fort was custom built with steps up
the back so you can climb up on top of it!



I was laughing at them while I made lunch.
They were having such a good time.
Kind of funny that Choir was cancelled due
to the "bitter cold," do kids care?



13 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! What a fun dad!

marti said...

I love this! Rex is the greatest! I'm pretty sure Ken would never have done that for our kids - but don't get me wrong - He (Ken) is the greatest in many other ways.
Way to go Rex!

MagenRanae said...

awww, shawna! That was so sweet of him! It looks like they had a lot of fun!

meesh said...

So fun! We are very impressed!

Anne said...

That looks great. Beats my puny snowmen. :)

jenica said...

That is so cute!

Andy and I made a snow castle almost a month ago for the kids. It's still there. They don't play in it much, although Caden checks up on it out the window.

Carl and Tisara said...

Wow! It reminds me of a fort my brother made when we were little. We had a bench at the top of a little hill on our property. He covered it with snow and made a little house. Thanks for all the pics. How fun!

Ruth said...

Wow...Rex is such a great dad! Looks like a lot of fun!

HopiQ said...

That is really, really cool!!! I showed my kids the pictures, and they are jealous and asking, "When can WE have snow?"

:( Sorry, kids. No snow in FL.

Brooke said...

kansas is not that far away... how come we never get snow like that!? no fair! i want a fort to play in. :o)

Anonymous said...

Now, who had more fun, Rex or the girls? Hmmmm

Eryn said...

those bloom boys know how to have fun and share it with others!

Laurel said...

Sooo many of Jonathan's childhood memories involve fort-building with Rex (not to rub it in or anything, Tim...) ;-)

That snow fort is awesome!

When we were little, we lived next a school with (what to us was) a huge asphalt area. We had several big snows while we lived there, and the plows would come and push the snow up against the 6-10' high fence. Awesome fort and tunnel building, that was.

Kudos to Rex for being such a great dad!