What is worse:
A day that goes bad,
or a day that is suppose to be SO good but goes bad?
I have always struggled with expectations and I
suspect I always will. I think that is why I LOVE the
verses in Psalms 62:
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
What a gift we have! He is our rock, and our strength.
And we can pour out our hearts to Him! I love it.
And today, when I read this post, I honestly didn't
know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes we love
to know that we are not alone, right?
But you know what?
He is forgiving and good,
He abounds in love to all those who call upon Him,
He hears our prayers, and listens to our call for mercy!
So, if today finds you struggling....
(either valentine-ish or not)
Remember what a God and Savior we have,
He is abundant in mercy and longs for us.
Spend some time with Him, and in His word.
Could I recommend Psalm 62 and 86?
They really encouraged me today!
A day that goes bad,
or a day that is suppose to be SO good but goes bad?
I have always struggled with expectations and I
suspect I always will. I think that is why I LOVE the
verses in Psalms 62:
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
What a gift we have! He is our rock, and our strength.
And we can pour out our hearts to Him! I love it.
And today, when I read this post, I honestly didn't
know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes we love
to know that we are not alone, right?
But you know what?
He is forgiving and good,
He abounds in love to all those who call upon Him,
He hears our prayers, and listens to our call for mercy!
So, if today finds you struggling....
(either valentine-ish or not)
Remember what a God and Savior we have,
He is abundant in mercy and longs for us.
Spend some time with Him, and in His word.
Could I recommend Psalm 62 and 86?
They really encouraged me today!
4 comments:
Are you having a bad day? :( Just remember all that stuff you told me last week...right back attcha!
I knew I loved Amy...she makes me laugh about the struggles. I loved the line about everyone being sick and the baby learning to walk. We are there! Dave's not on a business trip, but we don't see him much. :)
I'll be praying for you!
Kind of funny what makes a bad day bad! :) It is so relative! All things conisdered my day was fine. I think I was just struggling with the expectations that I put on myself. So the realization that I have fallen short, makes the day SEEM bad. But really when I stop and look at the situation I am reminded of what the Lord has done for me, and what He desires for me, and I can rest in that.
And I just kept thinking, it is Valentines Day for crying out loud! Be sweet! Bake cookies! Take valentines to the nieghbors!
We are going to have our valentines dinner, and send some family representation to church....that is, if Rex ever gets off work! :)
While were at it, praise the Lord
for our husband's jobs that allow us to stay home!
A balm to the soul...
What a reminder that I often need: wait on the Lord, rest in His plan, keep a calm and restful spirit. Why can't I just remember that?!
Thanks, my friend, for this post. I read it for the first time yesterday (Thursday), but I think the Lord was just preparing me for how much I would need it today. I appreciate you so much!
Post a Comment