Saturday, January 13, 2007

Explaining the deals

I have received a few emails about HOW to get the deals mentioned in the
previous post. I will my do my best to explain them here. Like I said,
Rachel sends us out a list of what is on sale and what coupon to use.
I would be happy to forward that email on to any of you, I know Rachel
wouldn't mind at all.

The list of stuff was from Walgreens. They do a rebate program where
you can receive your rebate as cash or on a gift card, if you choose the gift
card, you get a 10% bonus.

5 boxes of Post Cereal
these were on sale 5 for 10 in the ad with a $5 rebate,
I also used a $1 off coupon. So these were .80 a box.

10 boxes of Kleenex
In store coupon making them .89 instead of 2.19.
Rebate of $10 if you buy $20 worth.
Regular price is $2.19.
I bought ten, my subtotal was $21.90
Minus the in store coupon -13.00
Minus the sunday coupons -.80
Minus the 10.00 rebate
I was PAID $1.90 to buy 10 boxes of Kleenex!

1 Purse size Kleenex
.33 I thought I needed this to hit my $20 Kleenex rebate.
live and learn, and trust Rachel when she explains a deal! :)

1 bottle of Finesse Mousse
$3.99 free after rebate Easy Saver

2 Rimmel Eye Shadow Duos
These were B1G1 free.
On sale for 2.19 each,
and I had 2 $1 off coupons
bought them both for .19

3 Soft and Dri Deodorants
2 Gillette Deodorants
Regular price 2.99 to 3.99
in store coupon 2 for $3
used 5 $1 off coupons
bought them for .50 each

1 Oral B toothbrush
3.99 free after rebate Easy Saver

1 Gillette Fusion Razor with extra blade
9.99, $4 off in store coupon
$3 off coupon
bought for 2.99

1 pkg of Cornstarch
.50

2 jumbo pkgs Stayfree
2 for $10 free after rebate Easy Saver

1 pkg Chloraseptic Strips
3.99 free after rebate Easy Saver
also used $1 off coupons so I made a $1


There you have it! It seems so confusing at first,
but really once you start, it makes complete sense.
Feel free to ask more questions, I will do my best!


9 comments:

Rachel said...

Anyone who wants to be on the email list can email me and I'll just add you directly. :) I try to send out something each Sunday with all the Walgreens and CVS deals for that week, corresponding with the coupons and store sales/coupons that they are offering.

Eryn said...

i hate to sound stupid to so many people, but i just dont get it! do you have to sign up somewhere to get a card?

Shawna said...

When you send in your rebates, you can either get the money back in the form of a check or in a gift card. With the gift card you get a 10% bonus, so that it what I do, then I just use it for the next months deals. Rolling it from month to month.

Does that help? Ask away! I don't mind! You know how I get about saving $$$$.

MagenRanae said...

I've looked at the rebates at Walgreens from time to time, and have always been really impressed with how easy they make getting the rebates. I totally wanna start up again! Rachel, would you mind sending me your "mailing"? I'm at magenranae@gmail.com. As for the coupons, do you normally get them in the Sunday paper? Micah and I don't get the paper...but most weeks I bet that I could snatch them from my folks. :)

Shawna said...

magen-

I sent rachel your email addy.
I would grab the ads at your moms! :)

Let us know how you do!

Shawna said...

I realized I didn't answer your question!

Yes, you use coupons from the sunday ad. You can use a manufatures coupon
(such as a sunday ad coupon, or a coupon on the product or from a blinkie machine) AND a walgreens coupon from their ad or easy saver.

You can also use coupons on the rebate stuff. Then you get paid to buy it! That is really fun. :)

Scott and Lynn said...

I think this is one of those things that you have to do it once to see how it all comes together. All I know is that I could REALLY use those 10 boxes of kleenex this week!!! Preferrably soft ones :)

Shawna said...

yes, it is easier to see it come together.

I would be happy to go with you anytime! :)

The Moore Family said...

Hi Shawna~
I'm a friend of James and Eryn. I was plugging around her blog and saw yours. I must say, I thought myself to be QUITE the value shopper and coupon clipper, but I am highly impressed and challenged by your post! Keep the info. coming!