Thursday, January 11, 2007

Deals


Tonight my friend Reagan invited me to go
along with her to CVS and Walgreens.
For those of you not familiar with the bargains,
check out Rachel and Crystal's blog.

Rachel has been compiling all the weekly deals
for us, making it very easy to cut your coupons,
and go get the bargains. This was my first outing
of the week, not counting the ER visit on Monday!
Yes, the deals are that good!

Here is what I picked up at Walgreens:

5 boxes of Post Cereal
10 boxes of Kleenex
1 Purse size Kleenex
1 bottle of Finesse Mousse
2 Rimmel Eye Shadow Duos
3 Soft and Dri Deodorants
2 Gillette Deodorants
1 Oral B toothbrush
1 Gillette Fusion Razor with extra blade
1 pkg of Cornstarch
2 jumbo pkgs Stayfree
1 pkg Chloraseptic Strips

My total after rebates, was
$9.44. I used some store credit,
so all I spent was $1.76!!!







13 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome! Way to go! Walgreens is great this month!

I was behind a lady in line tonight who bought several boxes of Kleenex and paid something like $11 for them all. I felt like saying, "Don't you know that you can get them for free at Walgreens!!!" But I refrained. :)

Reagan said...

Yay - It makes me excited!

I feel the same way you do Rachel - I feel like I should tell everyone, but when I do, I end up getting weird looks and people kind of walk away from me like I killed the conversation. Whoops! lol :)

Shawna said...

Rachel-

tonight when we were walking up to the CVS checker, she says, "here come my coupon girls!" HAHA!

Heather said...

That is AMAZING!!

Kelly said...

Wow, Shawna! I am so impressed! I really need to start working these deals! I've been praying for you this week an I hope you're feeling better.

Rachel said...

That's what she said to me too! It always cracks me up, but she only says it because she is always impressed with how little we pay out of pocket.

Anne said...

I am so excited about this and couponing period. I ordered the paper today. Thanks Rachel and girls.

HopiQ said...

WOW!!! It's so great to have Rachel on top of things...we've got the care card...now just have to figure out all those GREAT DEALS!

Brooke said...

it's not fair! tulsa doesn't have these good deals!!! we can get a few here and there, but nothing like CVS. i'm so jealous...

Shawna said...

Brooke-

All these deals were from Walgreens, not CVS. They are just the rebates, paired with coupons.

April said...

I guess that's what I get for living in a small town, no good deals! I'm quite impressed with you're savings but I think I'm more impressed that you were able to get out. I bet it felt nice huh?

Shawna said...

April-

Doesn't SS have a Walgreens?

It did feel really good to get out. Although, I had to sit down on the floor of CVS a couple of times.

Since Reagan drove, I was able to store up my energy!

voni said...

Where do I get the coupons?