Since I have lots of time on my hands to think,
I was reviewing my resolutions from last year.
And since they were GOOD resolutions, I am
going to take another stab at them.
- Read through the Bible in 2007
- Get all my pictures in albums
- Keep up with Motivated Moms
What is on your list?
9 comments:
Motivated Moms is one I'm working on too. I also intend on reading through the Bible. My other goal is to gain more knowledge of my camera and to achieve better photos.
Shawna, I took a look at the Motivated Moms site. Does their system have any flexibility? As in... I don't have a dishwasher, so that's one I'd like to revise. I'm sure there are some I'd like to add. But I'm wondering if that's a possibility.
Have you found it to meet your organizational needs, even when what they have writtten down isn't exactly what you do in your house?
No, I don't think you can add or delete, other than just writing it in, or scratching something out.
I have found it meets my needs really well. I am so not a bit by bit cleaning person. I would rather do it all at once and then enjoy it. But, I don't have one kid that just lays around here anymore! :)
The thing I like about it, is that it keeps me accountable, and when others in the fam want to help, they can pick something off that days list.
You like fly lady right? For some reason, I could not get into that program at all. But I really like MM. Maybe because it is all printed out? I am not sure. I do know that I am a box checker by nature, when I make my to do lists, I HAVE to check it off, or else I don't feel like I got anything done.
Hmmm.... maybe it would be a worthy investment.
I love Flylady, but I have a lot of trouble sticking to the habits when it's not holiday season. During the holidays, I am driven to FLY to avoid becoming a cantankerous nasty woman. But the rest of the year I can be rather pleasant while my house falls apart, lol.
LOL!
I am cranky when my house is a mess all the time, holidays or no. I have been making improvements in this area. Telling myself in July I will clean it! :)
Are you following a program for your read thru the Bible? I am donig the Choice Gleanings one, and I really love it because you get variety. Right now I'm reading, Genesis, Job and Matthew. Kind of fun :) It's also on my daily planner, so I can't forget!!!
I am following that plan on Motivated Moms, although I must admit, since I have started in January to read through the bible so many times, I feel like I have the first part of Genesis memorized.
One time when I read through, I just read straight through the books in no particular order, just 4-5 chapters a day. I really liked that.
Shawna, I do the same thing! I do great in January and so I've read the beginning of Genesis every year! Hopefully this year we all make it to the end! I've done the Choice Gleanings before but tend to get overwhelmed with having to read from 3 different books in one day! (How lazy is that!?) This year I found a plan that takes me through the Bible chronologically...and, yes, it means I'm starting in Genesis...again...but so far, I'm on a roll and really enjoying it!
Post a Comment