Monday, December 11, 2006

Helpers

Rex has been working with the girls to be
my big "helpers". They have always been a great
help, but right now I am really relying on them.
Every work day they help Rex make lunch.
Let me tell you, when Dad makes your lunch, it
is WAY better than when Mom does it.

He sends them in to me (in bed) to see what I need
or would like to eat. They take it VERY seriously.

Today he sent Cam in to find out what I wanted to drink.

cam: mom, what do your babies want to drink for lunch?
me: I would like some ice water
cam: would you like some sprite with your ice water?
me: no, just water please
cam: you want water with your sprite?
me: no, I just want some water
cam: okay....(walking into the kitchen) DAD! mom wants sprite!
me: (hollering) No, I just want water!

So Cam brings me my water and my potato, then goes to eat her
lunch. And seriously, not five minutes later, I realize that Sprite
is what I want to drink. I call Cam in and tell her I "need" a Sprite,
and she joyfully runs to the fridge to get me one.
And she brought a straw! Rex has trained them well!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

That is so awesome! Go Rex and the girls! :-)

Do you find that when your husband has your children do something for you, it "counts" every bit as much as if he had done it himself? I **love** it when Jonathan has the Blessings do stuff around the house or to help me. That he would think of it on his own and take the initiative just makes me feel treasured.

Eryn said...

love it!