Monday, November 06, 2006

A picture is worth a thousand words.....or lessons learned?















Today I have been thinking about what the Lord has
taught me over the last 8 yrs of marriage.
I have been trying to find a quote from Horatious Bonar,
so I was going through stuff we have saved on our computer.
I came across pictures of the kids, and misc pics of our lives through
the years. It is amazing to me that just a simple picture can bring
such a flood of emotion! And yet, I can rejoice that the Lord
has graciously led us and taught us through it all.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth:
my flesh also shall rest in hope.
Psalm 16:9

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those pics sure are fun! I especially love Cam's expression in the first one. She still does it :) Was it 8 yrs. ago that you were living in the Washburn apts.? Haha - good memories.

The Lord has brought us so far, in so many ways!

-Lynn :)
His Mercies are New Every Morning

Eryn said...

great pictures. it just doesnt seem like 8 years, does it? life goes by so fast.

Rachel said...

It is good to look back, to see the leading of the Lord. I was thinking about you guys a few days ago, just how much you've grown since we've lived here, how it seems like the Lord is working in your lives. That is so good to see! We need to encourage other young couples, maybe just starting out, that the Lord is going to do so much in their lives. It is so exciting!

Laurel said...

I love the pictures! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

great pics Shawna ... it's so neat to look back at when the kids were so little and see just how far they've come! Thanks for sharing those! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Finally saw your blog today! I love to see the pictures of the girls! It was great to see you guys today.