For Rex's birthday this year we decided to "rough" it and go camping/fishing.
He loves this kind of thing and has just been dying to take the girls.
We found some middle ground, and rented a cabin. By the end of
the not quite 24 hrs, I had decided I am a hotel kind of girl.
Backed up toilets, catching a mouse (alive, while your 7yr old is crying,
"what did the mouse do to you? why do you have to kill it?"), forgetting
the towels, and pillows! It was just one comical catastrophe after another!
Did I mention we were 15 miles from KCI? I heard and felt every
plane that came in. All in all we had a great time. Nothing a little
retail therapy at Gap Outlet, can't solve!
He loves this kind of thing and has just been dying to take the girls.
We found some middle ground, and rented a cabin. By the end of
the not quite 24 hrs, I had decided I am a hotel kind of girl.
Backed up toilets, catching a mouse (alive, while your 7yr old is crying,
"what did the mouse do to you? why do you have to kill it?"), forgetting
the towels, and pillows! It was just one comical catastrophe after another!
Did I mention we were 15 miles from KCI? I heard and felt every
plane that came in. All in all we had a great time. Nothing a little
retail therapy at Gap Outlet, can't solve!







5 comments:
Yay for all the wonderful pictures! And I like the new look. :-)
but, oh, what memories! it sounds like you had fun anyway. it looks beautiful there too.
i love all the pictures. i am so glad you decided to post some. i am having trouble with mine.
Good Job, way to try something a little scary like camping. All the little unplanned events make it fun. The problem with hotel rooms is that nothing interesting or unplanned happens...unless you forget all your luggage...like i'm prone to do
Shawna, you're my kind of girl. Especially the retail therapy part:) By the way, I LOVE the new look of your blog. Did you win the contest Rachel was talking about? :)
Nope I didn't win the contest. I just found this one by searching for "free blogger templates".
Post a Comment