I am so excited that Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood started a
new column! I can't wait to read all the ideas.
My frugal tip is one that I read a couple of years ago on a homeschooling
forum. It is not earth shattering, but it has helped me immensely.
Have a plan for dinner and start it BEFORE noon!
This tip really does save us money. When I read it, I knew I had to
implement it immediatly! Dinner could not always be subject to how
my day went. Those of you with little ones completly understand!
Before, if we had a hard afternoon, I would call Rex at work
and ask where we could go out, or see if we could order a pizza.
The other way it saves is that it forces you to menu plan. So that
in the morning when you are prepping dinner you have all the
ingredients. I can hardly remember shopping with out a menu now!
I know I bought all kinds of things I didn't need, and quite a bit went
to waste.
Thanks Crystal!
new column! I can't wait to read all the ideas.
My frugal tip is one that I read a couple of years ago on a homeschooling
forum. It is not earth shattering, but it has helped me immensely.
Have a plan for dinner and start it BEFORE noon!
This tip really does save us money. When I read it, I knew I had to
implement it immediatly! Dinner could not always be subject to how
my day went. Those of you with little ones completly understand!
Before, if we had a hard afternoon, I would call Rex at work
and ask where we could go out, or see if we could order a pizza.
The other way it saves is that it forces you to menu plan. So that
in the morning when you are prepping dinner you have all the
ingredients. I can hardly remember shopping with out a menu now!
I know I bought all kinds of things I didn't need, and quite a bit went
to waste.
Thanks Crystal!

4 comments:
Oh, if only I could get better at following this tip! It truly does save money and hassle when dinner is mostly prepared or at least planned before noon!
Thanks for participating in our first Frugal Friday!
That is a great tip! I always try to do 1/2 the dinner prep in the morning: chop vegtables, brown meat, etc. It is a great feeling come 4:30pm to know you can just whip up the rest of supper.
Very smart! I actually do something similar, although I don't quite start before noon. But I divide it up through the day. It's amazing how many peppers and onions you can chop during TV commercials, LOL! (And really, by the time dinner rolls around...aren't we too exhausted for all that prep work?)
Oooo, another nifty weekly tip to check out!
I loved shopping with a menu... haven't done it so much since Dad and Mom Smith moved in with us, though. I'm trying to figure out how to get back to that without making my sweet m-i-l feel like she's in a box...
Post a Comment