
2/3 | cup butter, softened |
| 1 | box German chocolate cake mix |
| 1 | cup semisweet chocolate chips |
| 1 | container coconut pecan frosting |
| 1/2 | cup milk |
| | Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease or spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan. |
| | In medium bowl, cut butter into cake mix, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Press half of the mixture (2 1/2 cups) in bottom of pan. |
| . | Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer. Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips. Stir milk into remaining cake mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto frosting layer. |
| | Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool completely. Refrigerate until firm. For 48 bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store loosely covered. |
5 comments:
Here is another one for you Laurel! I was laughing though, since it uses a cake mix too. I am SO not a dessert maker.
It is a recipe I orginally found on www.bettycrocker.com and tweaked a little.
Thanks Shawna! I'm sure my family would love it if I tried these on them before Saturday. :-)
Thanks to this post I had to go out and buy some chocolate last night. Thanks, the chocolate was yummy!
we had josh's parents over tonight for dinner, so i decided to try these out for dessert. they were a big hit. only one problem... i made a full batch for only 4 people. now i have these yummy treats just sitting here taunting me! i know they will all get eaten, but i'm not sure that is a good thing.
brooke-
they do freeze really well. Then you can pull them out and have them for breakfast!
Post a Comment