
I try to make bread once a week, when I do it is
quite a process. I grind the wheat, mix up three
batches of dough. Three batches makes 9 loaves.
Which BARELY lasts us a week. What helps me is
I bake up 6 loaves and freeze three clumps of dough.
Then on a night like tonight when I do not feel like
making a mess....I mean dinner, I pull it out. I made
the dough into cheesy breadsticks to go with veggie
soup. I have done focaccia, pizza dough, bierocks,
dinner rolls, all with my frozen clumps. You should
try it! It works for me!
WFMW is hosted by Shannon @ Rocks in My Dryer.
Pop over and see more tips!
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2006/08/works_for_me_th.html
8 comments:
you can freeze the dough? sweet! I make HUGE batches of herb and cheese breadsticks and freeze them into dinner portions, but freezing the dough and baking them fresh with dinner would be so much tastier. Thanks!
you should put up your recipe :) Lynn
you should put up your recipe :) Lynn
Yes, would you post your recipe?
Sounds like a great (and yummy) idea!
Do you freeze the dough before or after the second rising? How do you defrost it? I've wanted to try this, but wasn't sure about these things. Thanks for the tip!
I freeze it after I mix it up. I just put the clumps in a gallon ziplock. So when I pull it out and set it on the counter and it thaws that is its first rise. Then I shape it into something and let it rise.
I will try to post the recipe sometime this weekend.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, how did I not know you had this blog!!!!??? Well, now I do and I'll be checking it!
I'll just let you all know Shawna has been my bread baking coach! She knows what she's talking about!
I'm trying to be like her and it's so fun. Get baking gals!
Shawna,
Trying to reach you---email me or call if you can.
Heather Piszar
Post a Comment