Today was our first day. It went really well. I was pleasantly surprised.
We finished in a little under 3 hrs. During geography I was playing this
song that corresponded with the color sheet. It is a pretty cool set,
jingles and maps, they really liked it.
North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, Africa,
Antartica- These are the continents.
Indian, Artic and the Atlantic and the Pacific are the oceans.
Mk and Bj are sitting there coloring away when I start it, mid song
Mk looks up at me and says, FARTICA?
Brooklyn starts laughing so hard she can't color. She catches on to
things quicker than Mk, so she tells her it is really ANTartica.
The other cool thing we did was start Shurley Grammar with Mk.
Todays activity was about what she wanted to be when she grows
up. The current idea is to be a Vet. So she made a chart with short
and long term goals and then graphed her life. She did a great job.
It is really strange to look at it and think that she will be ready to
start college in 2017!
Cam enjoyed her signing time dvd, coloring all over my SS lesson plan,
eating tortillas chips and redressing herself. I am still brainstorming
what to do with her. She is just so busy, she distracts ME if she is in
the room. She did sweep up all the chip crumbs off the kitchen floor.
She says to me, "I help daddy with his work." So if it is any secret
who sweeps around here, I guess the cat is out of the bag.
And I got a phone call in the middle of phonics from my grandma c
asking me if I was expecting. I guess she heard at church I was?
She sounded pretty disappointed too, and didn't want to talk about
anything else.
Looking forward to tomorrow!
Monday, August 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah! So glad it went well. I almost called you this morning, but then I thought I shouldn't interrupt your schooling :) Maybe Camryn needs a puppy to play with! - Lynn
Our "puppy" was enough trouble on her own. I can't imagine the duo of Cam and puppy! :)
I am excited to hear how your kids first day was too!
glad your first day went well. i would call to talk but if you are not pregnant, i really have nothing to say to you.
I think Grandma was in baby mode Sunday. It only took 2 seconds before she grabbed Layla from Brian! By the way, I didn't hear that rumor.
April
Ha! That is hilarious, Eryn! Glad that it went well, Shawna. Do you need to strap Cam into a booster, like in SS? :) Or better yet, just bring in your stroller with the 5-point harness, and keep throwing her snacks. There has to be some solution!
Post a Comment